Are you missing one or more teeth? Do you want to fill in the gaps, but are not sure how? Dental implants could be perfect for you. The team at Inland Oral Surgery in Spokane, WA can work with you to help you better understand this procedure, and determine if it is the best solution for you.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are a permanent solution to one or more missing teeth. The procedure implants hardware into or onto the bone in your jaw to hold prosthetic teeth in place. A post is implanted under the gum tissue of a missing tooth to act as the new tooth’s roots. The new tooth then attaches to the top of the implant. Your new teeth will look, feel and function at the same level as your natural teeth.
The benefits of Dental Implants
- Longevity: Once your procedure is finished and your implants are healed, your new teeth can last you a lifetime with the proper care.
- Easy maintenance: Dental implants are non-removable and just as easy to care for as your natural teeth. Brush and floss twice daily, and visit your dentist twice a year for normal dental examinations.
- Security: Unlike with other tooth replacement options, dental implants do not come with the risk of moving around. Implants are secured into the bone. You can take comfort in knowing that they will not create an embarrassing situation by falling out.
- Aesthetics: Your new tooth will seamlessly blend in with your natural teeth. The prosthetic tooth is color-matched to those around it and shaped to fit your mouth exactly.
- Confidence: Dentures and removable bridges may cause moving parts. This can make eating, drinking or speaking difficult or impaired. With dental implants, you can eat, drink and speak with confidence.
If you have missing teeth, dental implants could be your best option. Dr. David Gailey at Inland Oral Surgery in Spokane, WA can help you determine the best way to replace your missing teeth. Call (509) 321-1404 to schedule your appointment today!