David Gailey, DDS
Meet Dr. Gailey
- University of Oklahoma, Pediatric Craniofacial-Cleft lip/palate Fellowship, 2013
- University of Cincinnati, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 2012
- The Ohio State University, DDS, Cum Laude, 2008
- Weber State University, BS- Medical Lab Technology-Honors, 2004
- Diplomate- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery– March 2024
- Diplomate- Pediatric Cleft and Craniofacial Surgery- December 2020
- American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Washington State Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Association
- Washington State Dental Society
- Spokane District Dental Society
Dr. Gailey was born in Chicago IL and was raised in a small farm town in Utah. He is one of seven children. Dr. Gailey completed his undergraduate training at Weber State University in Ogden, UT in Medical Laboratory Sciences. He then completed his doctorate in dental surgery at The Ohio State University where he graduated at the top of his class. During dental school, Dr. Gailey’s passion for both surgery and medicine intensified and drove him to pursue a career in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Once graduating from Ohio State, Dr. Gailey completed his residency in Oral and Maxillofacial surgery at the University of Cincinnati, which is the second oldest training program in the nation.
During his residency Dr. Gailey trained in full scope Oral and Maxillofacial surgery including; dentoalveolar/implant surgery, orthognathic surgery, sleep apnea surgery, trauma and reconstructive surgery, TMJ surgery, oral pathology, along with anesthesia and sedation. While in his residency he completed a one-month surgical rotation to India with Smile Train treating patients with cleft lip and palate deformities.
After completing residency, Dr. Gailey continued his training with an additional year at the University of Oklahoma completing a surgical fellowship specializing in the treatment of patients with cleft lip and palate deformities and other craniofacial defects. During his fellowship, he was involved in the surgical correction of over 150 patients with congenital cleft lip and palate deformities. Dr. Gailey was intimately involved with the cleft team and believes in the team approach in the treatment of cleft deformities. Dr. Gailey is a current member of the American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association and has co-authored a book chapter on the surgical management of cleft palate.
Dr. Gailey and his wife Kristi have four wonderful boys and two sweet little girl. They enjoy being in the outdoors. They love to boat, mountain bike and snowmobile, hike, barbeque and play every sport imaginable. Dr. Gailey and his family live on the South Hill are very involved with their church group and love calling Spokane home.
Dr. Gailey is accepting new adult and pediatric patients for general and complex oral and maxillofacial procedures including primary and secondary cleft lip and palate surgery, orthognathic surgery, sleep apnea, TMJ surgery, wisdom tooth extraction and dental implants.